Re: Accepted gcc-defaults 1.118 (source all amd64)

On 08.05.2012 19:14, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> (08/05/2012):
>> <adsb> mbiebl: that might be the gmp10 bug <doko> KiBi, can't reproduce
>> the libchamplain ICE locally. could you do a local build as well?
>>
>> and I didn't get a reply on that.
>
> Because, if you didn't get the memo, we're trying to get packages built,
> which we finally managed to get. Of course reading some more lines would
> have been too hard.
>
>> strigi was fixed, the gnome-commander and hugin builds were both tried
>> on brahms (and did succeed on other architectures).
>
> Strigi needed many fixes, with a maintainer who kindly did everything that
> was needed, and there were changes needed *BECAUSE OF YOU*. Read the
> fucking changelog.
>
> Gnome-commander needs a gcc 4.7 patch. Read the fucking bug report.
>
> Hugin needs a gcc 4.7 patch. Read the fucking bug report.
>
>> no, because it's a buildd issue, or an gmp issue, afaics. Again, please
>> don't blame the compiler if you can't explain a build failure.
>
> What you can see is bullshit. Read the fucking bugs, and patches.
>
>> so what is the status of brahms?
>
> Irrelevant.
>
>> well, not deciding on the release architectures for over a year now makes
>> my job difficult as well. still trying to get it done.
>
> Changing the default compiler unilaterally, and with no prior notice, and
> with no care about the ongoing needs as far as rebuilds and transitions are
> concerned, is totally insane and makes our job HARDER.
>
> Please stop being a pain in the ass. Thanks already.
>
> Mraw, KiBi.

I'll ignore any further email from your side unless you are unable to keep out
your bad language and other insults.

The intent to get GCC changed was mentioned in the bug reports a month ago.
Last week it did pop up on the #debian-release channel as well. If you want me
to read irc logs when I drop offline, then please do this yourself as well.
The intent to switch to 4.7 on x86 came up on #debian-release last week (no, I
didn't check if you were online or not). The GCC default change for x86 was
coordinated with the kfreebsd and hurd maintainers in [1], but I did omit
CCing -release; apologies for that.

  Matthias

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2012/04/msg00357.html