Re: Plans for GCC in Squeeze

Hello again,

  I would like to comment just an idea for a bit discussion, from the
point of view of cross toolchains. During FOSDEM we had been
discussing about supporting diferent configurations of cross
compilers, for example, for arm architecture, you might want softfloat
or not, turn on some extensions, like iwmmxt or not. There can be more
that ten ways of configuring a toolchain for just arm.

  The way we had been discusing is to provide a diverted libgcc
package changeable by update-alternatives, so with just one multilib'd
compiler and many libgcc, you could have this cool feature available.
I might be missing something and this just not work, but what do you
think?

Regards

--
 Héctor Orón