Re: [PATENTS] Un article

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Charles Goyard <charles.goyard@laposte.net> wrote:

> http://www.internetactu.com/archives/iactu42.html#edi

Sans vouloir envahir la M_L avec des questions politiques ou
financières...:/

En voilà un autre d'un consultant FreeBSD qui commence à paniquer...
http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/txt/patents.html

Et voilà où cela en est...

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 09:54:43PM +0100, Ram'on Garc'ia Fern'andez wrote:
> I heard that there is a division of positions in the European
> Comission. Could you give me more information? Specially who
> is supporting us?

  DG= Directorate General

DG Internal Markets
   wants to patent anything under the sky
   IP (intellectual property) is their responsibility in the Commission
     that includes Copyright and patents and lots of other things
   Both the Director and the Commissionner in charge are conservatives
    (very much so)

DG Information Society Technology
and DG Enterprises
   consider that it must first be analyzed whether this is benefical
    for the economy, and information society

DG Competition
   is still speculating on the reasons for its own existence.
   Basically, they work on symptoms, i.e. trying to control individual
cases of anti-competitive behaviour, but they never try to set up
rules that will regulate markets for increased competition.

  That is the basic situation

  For more details, see what the various DG have been doing, and look
at documents (such as the Nice speech of Commisionner Liikanen who is in
charge of DG Information Society Technology and DG Enterprises (but
the aggreement between the 2 DG is an actual bottom up agreement, not
something imposed from the top).

Bernard