Re: ProFTPd

On Thursday 23 September 1999, at 21 h 7, the keyboard of Laurent PICOULEAU
<lcrpic@a2points.com> wrote:

> Les packages dans contrib sont des packages qui dépendent de packages
> non-free. Les packages de main sont ceux qui se conforment aux DFSG. Cela ne
> préjuge en rien de leur qualité.

C'est faux.

Debian Policy:

2.1.3 The contrib section

Every package in "contrib" must comply with the DFSG.

Examples of packages which would be included in "contrib" are

    free packages which require "contrib", "non-free", or "non-US" packages or
packages which are not in our archive at all for compilation or execution,

    wrapper packages or other sorts of free accessories for non-free programs,

    packages which we don't want to support because they are too buggy, and
                                                             ^^^^^^^^^
                                                             ProFTPD

    packages which fail to meet some other policy requirements in a serious
way.