Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Question Regarding xz compression

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Vasudev Kamath wrote:

> Reading that mail again it looks like only for deb creation xz
> compression and nothing told about default compression for source
> tarball as xz or is it implicit? If not do you think its worth
> introducing xz compression for source tarball through dh-make-font? It
> does save a lot by compression source tarball using xz

In the case where upstream doesn't have a tarball, that would be fine.
We should ship upstream tarballs where they exist. It would also be a
good idea to encourage upstreams to switch to xz for their tarballs.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise