Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Unicode Font

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:24:50AM +0200, Dirk Hünniger wrote:
> On 06/18/2012 10:02 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
> >On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Dirk Hünniger wrote:
> >
> >>The Point is that the LaTeX devolopers won't change it. And I would like to
> >>publish my open source project, which depends on beeing able to use full
> >>unicode in LaTeX. Would it be Ok to include these fonts in the my main
> >>package.
> >Do you have any more details? Link to discussions about the LaTeX bug,
> >which project you want to publish?
> Essentially the development of the main LaTeX compiler pdflatex,
> that is used by basically everybody has stopped a few years ago.

PDFTeX can only use 256 glyph per font, so I don't see how your super
huge font would work any way. Also, *TeX supports a concept called
virtual fonts so you can combine several physical fonts without
modifying them, though the 265 glyph limit still applies (unless you are
using a modern TeX implementation like LuaTeX).

Regards,
 Khaled