Re: TCPDUMP Problem... SOLVED !!

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 00:30:19 +0700, Jean Christophe André <jean-christophe.andre@auf.org> wrote:

Do you know that using a pipe (|) will buffer output?
And do you know that tcpdump and grep buffers their output too?
You will always miss information using "tcpdump | grep"!
You may use the "-l" option to tcpdump to stop buffering output.
But you'd better use the tcpdump option directly for good filtering.
Eg: tcpdump -lni eth0 'tcp port (3306 or 389 or 3128)'

Thank you very much for the answer, I considered the tcpdump filter options veeeeery complicated, therefore I chose to use easier filtering methods. I didn't use tcpdump very intensively, that's why... Just for some superficial network testing.
	I'll try to RTFM from now on :D

--
Alexandru Stefan-Voicu