Re: TCPDUMP Problem...

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:15:27 +0100, eduardgv <eduardgv@gmail.com> wrote:

May this issue be related to a switched network? In a switched
network, no matter if you are listening in promiscuous mode, yo will
only see packets forwarded to your own mac address.

What's behind eth0?

No, there's no switched network. Eth0 is the network adapter tied to the internet cable modem, behind eth0 is a Linux router, which also has an eth1 internal interface. So "behind" eth0 is eth1 and linked tot that is a Windows 2000 workstation. I think it's a bug in the tcpdump code, because I used iptraf to monitor eth0 and I am able to see all incoming packets (external ssh to my router, mail sent to my router, etc).
	Thank you for your reply !

--
Alexandru Stefan-Voicu