Re: TCPDUMP Problem...

Odd stuff going on here. If you're sure that mysql is listening on the
network. (I assume you can connect from a remote host with -h hostname)
and if tcpdump is not working correctly (I *seriously* doubt such a huge
bug in your version of tcpdump) then I think you may want to start
checking for r00tkits on your box...

/phil