Re: VPN + multilink connection

--- Jean-Michel Hiver <hiver.j@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> charlie wrote:
>
> >I think what you might want to look into is a combination of fwmark and
> >iproute2.
> >
> >Mark the packets with iptables -j MARK --set-mark X and then route them
> >using iproute2.
> >
> >See www.lartc.org
> >
> >specifically :
> >http://www.lartc.org/howto/lartc.iproute2.html
> >http://www.lartc.org/howto/lartc.netfilter.html
> >http://www.lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
> >

> Exactly the part where I'm stuck.
>
> I've written up a little howto of what I have at the moment
> (unfortunately I don't have dual DSL yet but ISDN lines - yet it's
> interesting to try and make it work).

I'v been getting ppl to post stuff like this on the debian wiki...
http://wiki.debian.net/?Firewalls.

Hmm, any one know how to fix it?  Lookes like some wiki update broke
something.

> I'm stuck on the routing part at the bottom of the page... if you could
> look at the document and maybe hint me on what's going wrong that would
> be fantastic.

I coulden't get this working my self...
   # IIRC: rp_filter is the anti spoofing reverse route filter.
        echo 0 > \
        /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/${IFACE}/rp_filter
        # You should have two rules and routes, one for each gateway.
        ip rule add fwmark 3 table 201
        ip route add default via 10.0.0.110 dev $IFACE table 201
        # Then you mark the pkts you want to use the alternat routing tbl.
        iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i $IFACE+ -p tcp\
            --src ! 10.0.0.110 --dport 80\
            -j MARK --set-mark 3
        iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i $IFACE+ -p tcp\
            --src ! 10.0.0.110 --dport 443\
            -j MARK --set-mark 3