Re: no scp or ftp

--- Mark Strasheim <Strasheim@web.de> wrote:

> Aloha
>
> i have a singel interface and do the following iptables commands
> everthings works as i should ( there are some more services with UDP )
>
> iptables -N allowed
> iptables -A allowed -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --dport 22 -j allowed
> iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --dport 21 -j allowed
> iptables -A INPUT -p UDP --dport 68 -j allowed
> iptables -A INPUT -m state --state RELATED -j allowed
> iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j allowed
> iptables -A INPUT -j DROP

"-m state --state NEW" for your --dport rules.  This way pkts will get to
the ESTABLISHED rule and be procesed.  When the ESTABLISHED gets the
FTP-PORT cmd it will create the rule for the RELATED connection.

You should also put the rules in this order...
ESTABLISHED
RELATED
NEW

I don't know if there is a good reason for ding this, but I can't see why
anyone would want to have it diffrent.