Re: no ipchains with 2.2/no network with 2.4

Il giorno dom, 09-01-2005 alle 18:09 +0100, Pierre A. Damas ha scritto:
> If I put all policies (input, output, forward) to ACCEPT and add only one
> accept rule with logging enabled, I see a lot of activity passing through
> ipchains, but not going anywhere though.
> (Ping hangs, frees or whatever, and produces 100% packet losts, on my
> internal and external/dmz network)

Well, last time i've used ipchains was far long away, so i'm not sure i
can remember all the differences with iptables/netfilter. However, iirc,
with ipchains the logging target was a "terminal" one. I mean, the
packet was logged and then discarded, so a LOG target acted as a DENY
one with addictional logging feature. If i'm right, I don't know how can
you add an "accept rule with logging enabled".

Ciao,
Gian Piero.