Re: OT: Re: Thanks!

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 03:37:57PM -0200, Fabricio Cannini Flores wrote:
> And what about ppl like me, that use webmail?
> Can't (if there's available processor time)
> lists.debian.org run amavis and/or clamAV?
> should i wait until swen 'gets tired' and stops spreading itself?

	lists.debian.org does not need to run amavis or clamAV.
The viruses you are getting are most probably not going through
lists.debian.org, as we dump most attachments. If you find a
virus that has gone through, then please let us know, as it means
our filters need to be adjusted.

	As far as processor time is concerned...

pasc@murphy:~$ uptime
 06:33:44 up 154 days, 19:40,  5 users,  load average: 3.30, 5.06, 4.49

As you can see on [1], this is not an altogether uncommon thing.
The average load this week was 4.41, and it has peaked up to 30
in the last month.

[1]: http://murphy.debian.org/mrtg/murphy.load.html