Re: 2 Internet Links x 1 LAN

> Port 25 blocked on link B, through IPTables, but opened at Link A.
> Would the request try to go through link A, or would it stop because It has
> reached Link B and was denied?

The traffic will use link B (default gateway), except if it needs a host in
the network of link A. So the traffic is simply blocked.

But I also have some set-ups like you described. I used the Linux Advanced
Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO [http://lartc.org/lartc.html] as knowledge.
Look at 'Chapter 11. Netfilter & iproute - marking packets'
[http://lartc.org/lartc.html#LARTC.NETFILTER].
I think that's what you need:
use iptables to mark specified packets [`iptables -A PREROUTING -i $INT_IF -t
mangle -p tcp --dport 25 -j MARK --set-mark 1`] and add the route for all the
traffic marked by the iptables (using the `ip` command!). Don't forget to
check for the right kernel options!
All this needs some knowledge of iproute [`apt-cache show iproute`], also
explained in the HOWTO. And some kernel compiling ...

Kind regards,
Fred