Re: basic question about firewall usage

First of all:
What services do you intend to provide to your users?
I wouldn't recommend to run any other thing than security-related services
(pack filter, proxy or kinda like). If u need other services, (e-mail, sql)
set it to not trust the firewall machine. But the best would be to build a DMZ.

H I H U.

Xucaen wrote:

Hi all, I am going to set up a p133 as a
dedicated firewall. I have a couple of PCs
networked and I would like to share my cable
internet. Is there a concern with using this
machine to for other things, such as priner
server, sql server, email server? I'm just
looking for general information to start my
research. This is all pretty new to me.

Thanks!

Jim