Re: basic question about firewall usage

Make sure that you put an interfaces line in your smb.conf and a bind
interfaces only line.  This is aside from any firewall rules.

For example if your external (internet) interface is eth0 and your internal is
eth1, you'd want to have something like:

interfaces = eth1
bind interfaces only = yes

I don't know about the ups or downs about running samba on a firewall, but I've
done this on one machine for nearly 3 years and it's been hit with about every
type of windows exploit you can think of with no problems (either to the
security of the system or the functionality of samba).

Pulu

----
Afe.to ANTS
POB 1478
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Ph: Country code 676 - 27946 or 878-1332
http://www.afe.to
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=pulu