Having two Internet connections

I wonder if it is possible to have two Internet connections running at the same
time on one box.
I have the first connection set up with a default route to a router to access
the Internet.
I set up the second one with my old IP adress but with no route except for
my /29 subnet.
When I try to ping the box from the Internet, I can see the echo request but
not the echo reply.
I thought the echo reply could come on one interface/connection and leave from
the other.
Am I wrong ?

Thanks for the help.

JF.

--
ITIN (Institut des Techniques Informatiques)
1, avenue de l entreprise