Re: ?-able packages for a firewall.

Hi,

	Remove diif, and mawk, and dpkg shall cease to work. (Not
 something I think is desirable). e2fsprogs: even firewall machines
 mght need an occasional fsck. Not a good idea to remove.

	debianutiles provides runparts, and savelog, and tempfile,
 which I think I'd like to have (cron etc need them), for rotating
 logs is nice. I am unsure about classifying this as critical (for a
 firewall machine). I have a feeling we should leave this alone too.

	basdutils provides /bin/kill.

	ed is also needed; unless red (whatever that is) is a drop in
 replacement ...

	manoj
--
 "You cannot really know anything."  William Payne (wpayne@digi.UUCP)