?-able packages for a firewall.

Are these really required for a Debian system ie will it be "broken"
without them?

If cutting them won't break Debian are they really needed on a firewall?

Package: diff      _req_  .vs. Is this really required? or can
                          .vs. I mark it _nec-build_ or _cut_

Package: e2fsprogs  _req_  .vs.  Is this really required? ie Is it
                           .vs.  it needed to do fsck at boot?

Package: mawk       _req_  .vs.  Is this really required? What would
                           .vs.  it be used for on a bastion host?

Package: debianutils  _req_  .vs.  Is this really required?  Is this
                             .vs.  used to set up a custom kernel?

Package: bsdutils    _nec-run_  .vs. rm /usr/bin/script
                                .vs. ? rm/usr/bin/logger will this
                                .vs. break sysklogd?

Package: ncurses-term _nec-run_  .vs. _cut_

Package: m4  _nec-run_  .vs. _nec-build_  Do I really need a
                        .vs. macro processor to run a bastion?

Package: ed  _nec-run_  .vs. use red instead? Where is it?

	Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net