Re: [debian.nl] :-) smile to the future of this list

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:56:37PM +0100, Alex de Landgraaf wrote:
> Hey Robert et al,
Hi top quoter,

> Stupid question, but why not apply for a debian-devel-dutch list on
> lists.debian.org? Wouldn't that be somewhat easier and less time-consuming? :)

With an other advantage that this list will be more visible.

> cheers,
>
> Alex
>
> Quoting Robert van der Meulen <rvdm@wiretrip.org>:
>
> > Well, the ratio spam:content is getting annoyingly high, lately. I'm
> > pondering on efficient anti spam measures on this list. There are a couple
> > of options, listed below in order of 'easyness to implement'. I thought i'd
> > throw this on-list first to get some comments; if i don't get any, i'll just
> > think of something myself ;)
> >
> > I can:
> > - Close the list alltogether
> > Non-option IMHO
After creation of debian-devel-dutch it is

> > - Close the list for non-subscribers
> > This will filter lots of spam, but will disallow Cc's from offlist, and will
> > eat moderation time (unless i flat-out reject offlist postings, which will
> > save lots of time, but will effectively disconnect us)
I second that, leave the lists open to non-subscribers.

> > - Put anti-spam measures in place
> > I have some reasonably good experiences with spamassassin, extremely good
> > experiences with dspam. Combining this with something like amavis will clean
> > stuff up good. But this needs quite some work. Probably I will need to move
> > the list to a different machine then, even.
Use the "sfp" trick, content filtering is evil.

> > Any comments ?
Thank you for replying on the E-mail with the stupid ":-)" subject line,
I did delete it without reading.

Thank you for starting this discussion.

> > Greets,
> > 	Robert