Re: [debian.nl] :-)

Hey Robert et al,

Stupid question, but why not apply for a debian-devel-dutch list on
lists.debian.org? Wouldn't that be somewhat easier and less time-consuming? :)

cheers,

Alex

Quoting Robert van der Meulen <rvdm@wiretrip.org>:

> Well, the ratio spam:content is getting annoyingly high, lately. I'm
> pondering on efficient anti spam measures on this list. There are a couple
> of options, listed below in order of 'easyness to implement'. I thought i'd
> throw this on-list first to get some comments; if i don't get any, i'll just
> think of something myself ;)
>
> I can:
> - Close the list alltogether
> Non-option IMHO
> - Close the list for non-subscribers
> This will filter lots of spam, but will disallow Cc's from offlist, and will
> eat moderation time (unless i flat-out reject offlist postings, which will
> save lots of time, but will effectively disconnect us)
> - Put anti-spam measures in place
> I have some reasonably good experiences with spamassassin, extremely good
> experiences with dspam. Combining this with something like amavis will clean
> stuff up good. But this needs quite some work. Probably I will need to move
> the list to a different machine then, even.
>
> Any comments ?
>
> Greets,
> 	Robert

| Alex de Landgraaf            | The cure for boredom is curiosity |
| Student AI & CS, VU, A'dam   |  There is no cure for curiosity   |
| Phone: 06-16844084           |                                   |
| GPG: http://am.xs4all.nl/key_alex.asc         /'-'\              |
| www.alextreme.org & www.morphix.org          ( o o )             |