Re: impressions, first day of LWE

"Anthony L. Awtrey" <tony@idealcorp.com> writes:

> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>> Typo here.  I meant to say we couldn't get the machine to work.
>> Partly its because there's no real way to focus on it when the floor
>> is open.  The reality is, machines you dont' get set up the morning
>> before or the day before the show starts probably aren't ever going to
>> get set up.
>
> I was there last year (or the year before, I forget), and the problem
> with the SunBlade was the add-on video card caused some kind of
> interrupt problem at boot. Removing the card allowed the boot and
> install to work.

Well, not that it really matters, and it's off-topic anyhow, but that
wasn't the problem.  We had failures with 'boot net' and 'boot cdrom'
on a completely bare system (no expansion cards).  We even tried
OpenBoot PROM updates to no avail.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>