Re: impressions, first day of LWE

Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org> writes:

> Problems included the fact that we (again) couldn't get our donated
> Sun Blade

Typo here.  I meant to say we couldn't get the machine to work.
Partly its because there's no real way to focus on it when the floor
is open.  The reality is, machines you dont' get set up the morning
before or the day before the show starts probably aren't ever going to
get set up.

> I'd have to say the first day seemed to be a rousing success.

FYI, my impression is that a lot of the recent RedHat moves (charging
for updates, fedora) are driving away a lot of customers and that's
resulting in a real spike in Debian interest.  Purely anecdotal, tho.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>