Re: Linuxtag 2004: Different Stuff

#include <hallo.h>
* Michael Banck [Tue, May 18 2004, 11:03:25PM]:

> > What he means is that people will ask why sarge won't release with
> > official amd64 support.
>
> Why would that need "some FAQ with good answers written by amd64-port
> experts"? It's pretty obvious that the amd64 port was not initiated in
> time for sarge.

Obvious? Is it? From whose point of view?

And why?
What are the problems?
Do you need hardware for porting?
Will it be possible to get a stable Debian for amd64 soon, maybe released after Sarge?
Why does it work for Gentoo/SuSE/...?
Etc.pp.

Such questions can be expected and I would like to know the best answers
when joining the booth staff.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
Ich kann mir denken, daß ein reiner Dichter einen reinen Kaufmann
begreift und schätzt sogar; aber nicht umgekehrt.