[LT Infomail#2] Booths, Network, Insurance - Debian
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, lange@informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE
- Subject: [LT Infomail#2] Booths, Network, Insurance - Debian
- From: Martin Schulze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:46:26 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <20030611084626.3B910366B5D@luonnotar.infodrom.org>
[ available in a couple of hours ]
1. Booth Planning
Since the date of LinuxTag gets closer and closer it also becomes
more important for me to be able to assign booths for the projects
and finalise the exhibition more or less. In order to do this, I
need appropriate input on what you plan to do with and at the
booth. Most important for me is what kind of equipment are you
planning to use, how much space it needs, and how many project
members will likely staff the booth daily.
Hence, please add all the current plans for your booth as comments
to the projects interface and also add missing booth staff
members. From the list of booth staff I'll compile the number of
exhibitor tickets later.
The projects frontend is the only location for such comments and
plans which ensures that I won't forget about them when I do the
calculation and assignments.
2. Booth Equipment
Some people seem to wonder about power for the booth. It will be
provided by us. However, you'll need to take extension cords and
power multiplier sockets with your. We can't provide them in an
appropriate number for all projects. If you use a cable drum,
please make sure not to connect any computers or monitors to it
unless you've rolled off all the cable. Otherwise you will probably
learn about the magic of electricity when things blow up.
3. Exhibition Network
This year the main exhibition network will be distributed through
WLAN. Hence, for each booth (or booth compound) there needs to be
at least one device that connects the inter-booth-lan to the wlan
Since those ports that will most likely be used to deliver
non-encrypted passwords (like telnet, pop3, imap etc.) will be
blocked during LinuxTag, please prepare yourself to this
scenario. The LinuxTag team will most probably produce an FAQ
covering the network later.
I don't think that there will be any sort of extra insurance bought
for LinuxTag. Hence, you should be very careful with the equipment
you are going to use. If breaks, it's broken.