Re: multilib thumb code for arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc

Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2012, chrysn wrote:

>> still, i see the case at hand more as multi-lib thing than a multi-arch
>> thing for pragmatic reasons: we can't expect to have a debian
>> architecture dedicated to something that won't even run linux, can we?
>
> We have Debian architectures for kfreebsd and hurd, so why not?  :-)
>
> Also, I believe Cortex-M can run linux with no-MMU patches/configs and
> uclibc?

There's also been talk of "partial architectures" from time to time.
For example see [1].  A typical example is i386-windows, for which I
doubt a Debian port will ever be self-hosting (though the ReactOS
project could surprise me).

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/02/msg00504.html