Re: multilib thumb code for arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc

On IRC, wookey wrote:
> getting multilib and multiarch to work at the same time is
> 'interesting'. To a large degreee they are alternatives.

i rather thought of them as different levels of tuning, where the
different multi-arch architectures are "everything where you need a
different gcc" and the different multi-lib directories are "what can be
done with the same gcc".

that illusion is fading as i see that while arm-none-eabi-gcc and
arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc are often used differently, they can produce the
same code.

still, i see the case at hand more as multi-lib thing than a multi-arch
thing for pragmatic reasons: we can't expect to have a debian
architecture dedicated to something that won't even run linux, can we?
(that would probably be :armthumb, and only contain a few packages with
static libraries for embedding, which i'm currently shipping as :all).

regards
chrysn

--
There's always a bigger fish.