Archeology of OABI and -msoft-float

Hi,

I have some old .so files without sources that were compiled for OABI with -msoft-float :( I'm trying to generate soft float code using the emdebian cross compiler (gcc-4.3-arm-linux-gnu ) from the emdebian lenny repository (running in a lenny chroot)

However even compiling hello world (without trying to link to my old .so s) fails when -msoft-float is used with a linker error
"cannot find -lfloat "

Digging around it looks like the float library was removed in 2005 : http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=328857

More recent eabi cross compilers don't use -lfloat at all but get the functions from libgcc.

Any ideas on this?

Regards,

Martin