Re: [NEW USER] Installeing cross compiler [HOST: x86_64, TARGET: ia64]

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:14:19 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:57:59 +0200
> Vincent Besse <vincent@ouhena.org> wrote:
>
> > > Depends on gcc-4.4-ia64-linux-gnu but it will not be installed
> > > Depends on libstdc++6-4.4-dev-ia64-cross but it will not be installed
> > > Depends on: libgmp3c2 but it is not installable
> >
> > I've had the same problem for armel. My solution have been to
> > debootstrap a regular squeeze and then install the emdebian packages
> > inside it.
>
> You mean to install a cross-compiler for armel? What made you think you
> needed debootstrap???

I don"t remember exactly what I did but I remember I had a
conflict with libgmp3c2. I didn't dig very far and debootstrapped a
Squeeze. Maybe I did the same mistake as José, I can't say. I' ll retry
that.

Vincent