[NEW USER] Installeing cross compiler [HOST: x86_64, TARGET: ia64]

Hello:

I'm a new cross compiling silly user, so I apologize for my stupid questions :)

My machine is an x86-64 running debian sid and I need to generate
binaries for an ia64 computer, due to the lack of moder compiler (I
need OpenMP) on it.
I have discovered the emdebian project, and I'm trying to install the
ia64 cross compiler, but I have problems during the process. I've put
in my sources.list the unstable repository deb
http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ unstable main and then I did apt-get
install gcc-4.7-ia64-linux-gnu, but the process breaks due to
unresolved dependencies. With otrer gcc versions the problem is the
same as with the squeeze repos.

I've seen too the wiki page http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain
but I don't understand completely the process. Is needed any
compilation by the user to install the cross compiler? Until now, the
only one cross compiler I have installed is the windows one, that is
in the regular debian repos as mingw target. In this case the
installation consists only in install the packages as normal software.

Thanks

José Luis García Pallero
jgpallero@gmail.com
(o<