Re: [NEW USER] Installeing cross compiler [HOST: x86_64, TARGET: ia64]

2012/9/13 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:00:12 +0200
> José Luis García Pallero <jgpallero@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My machine is an x86-64 running debian sid and I need to generate
>> binaries for an ia64 computer, due to the lack of moder compiler (I
>> need OpenMP) on it.
>
> Use the toolchains for Debian Squeeze and follow the wiki.
>
> You need g++-4.4-ia64-linux-gnu
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain#Get_the_binaries
>
> "Currently, toolchains for Squeeze are preferred. If using Wheezy or
> unstable, add a Squeeze source for your own architecture using your
> normal Debian mirror for dependencies which are no longer in wheezy or
> unstable."

Thanks for your answer:

I've added to my sources.list the lines:

deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian squeeze main
deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main

Then I've tried to install the package g++-4.4-ia64-linux-gnu but
there is problems with dependencies:

g++-4.4-ia64-linux-gnu:

Depends on gcc-4.4-ia64-linux-gnu but it will not be installed
Depends on libstdc++6-4.4-dev-ia64-cross but it will not be installed
Depends on: libgmp3c2 but it is not installable

So where is the error?

Thanks

José Luis García Pallero
jgpallero@gmail.com