Re: foreign rootfs without root priviliges with multistrap, fakeroot, fakechroot and qemu user emulation

Hello,

2011/6/23 Marcus Osdoba <marcus.osdoba@googlemail.com>:
> Am 23.06.2011 10:53, schrieb Johannes Schauer:

> I accept your design goal to keep things simple. Anyway,
> another user and voluntary tester would have been nice...

I was planning to do so adding Efika MX device. I have not found the time yet.

> Am 18.06.2011 00:18, schrieb Hector Oron:
>> This scripts look quite helpful. I wonder if it would be worth it to
>> unify them and make them
>> more generic to be a .deb package in itself.
> @Hector - my Makefile set serves a similar goal and is already (more or less
> ;-) ) generic. Do you think it might be helpful for someone else, too?

Yes, it might be useful to have a proper package with something like that.
I have seen many people trying to do the same thing over and over again.
For example, tools that attempt that are polystrap, multistrapwrapper, boxer,
sd-installer, vmdebootstrap, qemu-make-debian-root, ...

If we are capable to bring up a (cross-)build rootfs script which
performs nicely, I
would consider to add a daemon task at emdebian.org server to provide
daily images
for targets and try to package (in Debian way) a kernel for those
devices, mostly ARM,
but also MIPS, SH, PowerPC, etc..

Best regards,
--

<free spam>
-- Would you like to make a donation for Debian Conference?
   ** http://debconf11.debconf.org/payments.xhtml **
</free spam>