Re: Modifications to makefiles of binutils and gcc-4.4 to compile for alternate prefix directories

Hello,

> I like these, a lot.  Mostly because it gets rid of a hardcoded path and
> that's almost always a good thing.  Plus, you did it in a way that makes the
> default still conform to the Debian Way.
> I think these changes should go into the regular Debian packages, myself.

Removing hardcoded paths is always great, but packaging has changed
and *-cross.mk has been merged with native ones.

See
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/b/binutils/current/changelog
and
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/g/gcc-4.4/current/changelog

If the patch gets upgraded to latest packaging it might be worth
include it in Debian packaging.

--
 Héctor Orón