Re: Modifications to makefiles of binutils and gcc-4.4 to compile for alternate prefix directories

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Jim Heck <pinball.rules@gmail.com> wrote:
The following are patch files that I apply to the binutils and gcc-4.4 in order to get them to build for use at an alternate prefix.  I post these for general interest and discussion.  I use these modifications to create tools that can be installed under /opt/.. instead of /usr/.. in support of a generic cross building environment that is stand alone and not specifically tied to a Debian environment.

I like these, a lot.  Mostly because it gets rid of a hardcoded path and that's almost always a good thing.  Plus, you did it in a way that makes the default still conform to the Debian Way.

I think these changes should go into the regular Debian packages, myself.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com