Re: Basic Step using Emdebian in ARM TS-7800

On 03/25/2010 07:18 PM, Abdul Rahman Riza wrote:
  Dear All,

I am newbie in embedded computer. I am developing an application using
openCV in my AMD Duron with RAM 128 kb under Debian 5.0 operating system
and I guest it will work fine in ARM TS-7800 since both has similar
specification.

Someone suggested me to use emdebian in TS-7800 to avoid cross-compiling
therefore I would like to know the basic procedure to move my opencv
application into ARM-7800 (that I will use as smart camera) using emdebian.

Many thanks in advance,
Riza

Hi

IMHO you can use original debian(armel) too, and as far as i'm remember opencv is available in repos. At the end i give you a links:
http://www.rhondasoftware.ru/
http://www.computer-vision-software.com/blog/  (this more interesting)

But i must say this board not best for computer vision, because CPU has no VPF(FPU basicly), and most of space on FPGA is used by hw controllers implementations. So you may have to do a lot of work, to get good performance.

--
Aleksandr