Re: Another 200 packages in Grip sid and squeeze

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:53:06PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:38:10 +0100
Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:

LXDE have no own desktop manager (which I suspect you mean by "login manager").

Yes, graphical login manager - it's just that the packages are xdm and gdm, not xlm and glm, for whatever reason.

Correction to myself: It is not "desktop manager" but "display manager". Yes, the main task is login, but also other parts of bootstrapping and shutting down X11 sessions (although some non-root part of that is often handled by a session manager).

At least that's how it makes sense to me.

 - Jonas