Re: Another 200 packages in Grip sid and squeeze

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:38:10 +0100
Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:

> LXDE have no own desktop manager (which I suspect you mean by "login
> manager").

Yes, graphical login manager - it's just that the packages are xdm and
gdm, not xlm and glm, for whatever reason.

> The lxde package favors GDM but I believe that's just to
> picka popular one to fulfill the Policy requirement of not depend on
> a virtual package as first choice.
>
> If the purpose here is OpenMoko then nodm is the most sane
> (pseudo-)desktop manager to use.

The purpose is to support both LXDE and OpenMoko - not necessarily on
the same device but in the same repository, just as we already support
XFCE.

nodm is already available in Emdebian Grip squeeze.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/