Re: Another 200 packages in Grip sid and squeeze

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 09:58:40PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
If people here are using lxde, can you tell me what is used as a graphical login manager? xdm, gdm ? Does lxde have one?

(I don't use it myself but assume it is ok that I comment anyway ;-) )

LXDE have no own desktop manager (which I suspect you mean by "login manager"). The lxde package favors GDM but I believe that's just to picka popular one to fulfill the Policy requirement of not depend on a virtual package as first choice.

If the purpose here is OpenMoko then nodm is the most sane (pseudo-)desktop manager to use.

 - Jonas