Re: Creating a Debian rootfs for a keyboardless PDA

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:57:49 +0200
Laurens Van Houtven <lvh@laurensvh.be> wrote:

> Aha! That link was very helpful, thank you.
>
> I've examined the debian/postinst script, and saw this:
>
> echo root:rootme | chpasswd
>
> Is the device supposed to run this by itself

It is run by the maintainer script of the package - post-installation
and therefore on the final device itself, by dpkg --configure (part of
the normal dpkg process that is postponed until after the rootfs is
decompressed onto the final device by the Emdebian systems.

> the PDA firing up the postinstall scripts, or my laptop executing ARM
> code.

./emsecondstage invokes dpkg --configure which runs the postinst
scripts for packages of the rootfs.

> Is this balloon config supposed to work for headless/keyboardless
> devices?

It is *ONLY* for balloon3 and nothing else. Use it as an example but do
NOT install it on any other board.

www.balloonboard.org