possible option for Grip - POD content removal

Grip does have perl support and various Debian perl packages will have
various degrees of POD content embedded in the perl script. The perl
interpreter is obviously adept at handling and removing POD content
very early in runtime operation of the scripts but it does mean that
every perl script with POD content is both larger than it needs to be
on the filesystem and takes more RAM during the initial phase of
running the script.

I can look into a tool that will do this for us but it's likely to
require perl regular expression matches but it could save a reasonable
amount of space and possibly runtime too.

Is it worth investigating? Do people want to save the space allocated
to POD content? There are 37 scripts in my /usr/bin/ that contain
'=pod'. Quite a few of them are our own emdebian scripts. ;-)

podbrowser and podviewer actually contain a lot of =pod code too. Quite
often, POD content can be larger than the length of the script itself,
so perl scripts with POD could be reduced in size by over 50%.

Thoughts?