Re: multistrap page

+++ Brendan Simon [2009-07-15 23:07 +1000]:

> > Is there anything specific that is missing from the manpage that you'd
> > like covered in a prospective webpage?
> >

> An example usage.  I did use it before some time ago as a test, but
> can't seem to work out the what I did <blush>
>
> I'm currently trying:
> $ fakeroot -- /usr/sbin/multistrap -f simple-nocleanup.multistrap.cfg

Here's what we use, to generate a rootfs based on grip, and taking
some packages from our local repository with a fallback to Debian for
missing dependencies. And all the sources get This is exceedingly cool:

fakeroot /usr/sbin/em_multistrap -a $(ARCHNAME) -d $(BUILD)
 -f multistrap-balloon-sl40.conf --tidy-up --source-dir $(BUILD)/sources/packages

and multistrap-balloon-sl40.conf looks like:
[General]
# arch and directory are overridden.
arch=arm
directory=/opt/multistrap/
# same as --tidy-up option if set to true
cleanup=true
# retain the sources outside the rootfs for distribution
# specify a directory to which all the .debs can be moved.
# or override with the --source-dir option.
retainsources=
# same as --no-auth option if set to true
# keyring packages listed in each debootstrap will
# still be installed.
noauth=true
# retries not needed.
#retries=5
# extract all downloaded archives
unpack=true
# the order of sections is no longer important.
# debootstrap determines which repository is used to
# calculate the list of Priority: required packages
debootstrap=Grip
# the order of sections is no longer important.
# aptsources is a list of sections to be listed
# in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/multistrap.sources.list
# of the target.
aptsources=Grip Updates  Debian Trx850

[Grip]
packages=balloon3-config
source=http://www.emdebian.org/grip
keyring=emdebian-archive-keyring
suite=lenny

[Updates]
packages=apt
source=http://www.emdebian.org/grip
keyring=emdebian-archive-keyring
suite=lenny-proposed-updates

# fallback
[Debian]
packages=
source=http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian
keyring=debian-archive-keyring
suite=lenny

[Trx850]
# space separated package list
packages=sl40-platform-debian libgsmd0
source=http://trx850/debian
suite=development
#keyring=

Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/