Re: Emdebian Grip w/ D-I Daily Installation Report

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> Maybe. I don't use VM so I'm utterly reliant on others for such issues.

You would likely find they make your life a lot easier (snapshots et
al are incredibly useful for development). Check out VMware's free
server & player products or roll up your sleeves with Xen. OTOH if
you're managing with debootstrap/chroot/etc. then maybe that's enough.

>> No. I suspect you can only have one 'preseed/early_command' and that
>> it's being overwritten by the grip-config line.
>
> Do you know of any documentation for such a restriction?

No, but it makes sense for a variable based system. Set the variable
twice and the old value will be overwritten.

> One way to test this is to download the current pre-seed file, comment
> out the second early_command and put it onto another website somewhere
> in the /d-i/lenny/ directory then specifying that domain to the
> pre-seeding question.

I've already done that and I'm pretty sure I've tried exactly this
test (which worked incidentally, except I'm not sure if grip-config
was installed)

Cheers,

Sam