Re: Emdebian Grip w/ D-I Daily Installation Report

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:55:51 +0100
Sam Johnston <samj@samj.net> wrote:

> Sorry it's 513888 (copied) - reassigned as requested.

Thanks.

> > I suspect a problem with using a VM.
>
> Perhaps. I'm more inclined to think something's 64 when it should be
> 32 or vice versa

I can't see how that would happen, so if you have any idea how it could
actually occur, please add it to this bug report.

> (actually there was another error about looping and
> binfmt that I ran into). VMs should definitely be a target for
> emdebian though, even if just for dev work.

Maybe. I don't use VM so I'm utterly reliant on others for such issues.

> >> Release file signed by unknown key (key id B5B7720097BB3B58) which I
>
> > Do you have a file: '/tmp/keyring.udeb' after the install?
>
> No. I suspect you can only have one 'preseed/early_command' and that
> it's being overwritten by the grip-config line.

Do you know of any documentation for such a restriction?

One way to test this is to download the current pre-seed file, comment
out the second early_command and put it onto another website somewhere
in the /d-i/lenny/ directory then specifying that domain to the
pre-seeding question.

> > This could be a repository problem - I'll have to check the amd64 data.
>
> Thanks. I think it's missing a 64 bit kernel for a start.

Probably.

> > Do you have a way of testing i386 ? AMD64 is not a representative
> > architecture for Emdebian, really, it's only in the repository because
> > it's easier for me to test debootstrap etc.
>
> I've been trying to get i386 up and running as well - downloaded the
> businesscard iso and got further, but then it told me there was no
> busybox and failed at the end of installing the base system.

It could also be a problem with the businesscard iso - I've been
testing with a USB stick installer, following the guide for the
installation of Lenny on the Acer Aspire1.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianAcerOne

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/