Re: Emdebian Grip w/ D-I Daily Installation Report

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 03:31:02 +0100
Sam Johnston <samj@samj.net> wrote:

> Package: installation-reports
>
> Boot method: businesscard ISO in VMware Fusion
> Image version: http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-Lenny-DI-rc2-amd64-businesscard.iso
> Date: 20090202
>
> Machine: VMware Fusion

I suspect a problem with using a VM.

> Processor: 1
> Memory: 384Mb
> Partitions: guided, full disk, single partition

>  - Graphical Automated Install asked for preseed location (eg
> www.emdebian.org) and seemed to download ok but base system install
> failed with:
> Debootstrap Error
> Release file signed by unknown key (key id B5B7720097BB3B58) which I
> note is referenced in the preseed file ala:
> d-i apt-setup/local0/key string http://www.emdebian.org/0x97BB3B58.txt

Do you have a file: '/tmp/keyring.udeb' after the install?

d-i preseed/early_command string wget -O /tmp/keyring.udeb
http://www.emdebian.org/d-i/emdebian-archive-keyring-udeb_1.4.3.1_all.udeb
&& udpkg -i /tmp/keyring.udeb

>  - This apparently works for Neil Williams (copied):
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2009/02/msg00007.html

This could be a repository problem - I'll have to check the amd64 data.
Do you have a way of testing i386 ? AMD64 is not a representative
architecture for Emdebian, really, it's only in the repository because
it's easier for me to test debootstrap etc.

debootstrap on amd64 *does* locate the relevant key - cdebootstrap
cannot. This will only be fixable *after* Lenny is released and a fix
is already in-hand after getting appropriate agreement from the release
team.

I'm now going to have to explain this bug to D-I - I don't get
notification of the bug report itself so please let me know the bug
number - or preferably re-assign the bug report to the
buildd.emdebian.org pseudo-package. Thanks.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/