Re: Emdebian Grip w/ D-I Daily Installation Report

Hi Neil,

Sorry it's 513888 (copied) - reassigned as requested.

> I suspect a problem with using a VM.

Perhaps. I'm more inclined to think something's 64 when it should be
32 or vice versa (actually there was another error about looping and
binfmt that I ran into). VMs should definitely be a target for
emdebian though, even if just for dev work.

>> Release file signed by unknown key (key id B5B7720097BB3B58) which I

> Do you have a file: '/tmp/keyring.udeb' after the install?

No. I suspect you can only have one 'preseed/early_command' and that
it's being overwritten by the grip-config line.

> This could be a repository problem - I'll have to check the amd64 data.

Thanks. I think it's missing a 64 bit kernel for a start.

> Do you have a way of testing i386 ? AMD64 is not a representative
> architecture for Emdebian, really, it's only in the repository because
> it's easier for me to test debootstrap etc.

I've been trying to get i386 up and running as well - downloaded the
businesscard iso and got further, but then it told me there was no
busybox and failed at the end of installing the base system.

> debootstrap on amd64 *does* locate the relevant key - cdebootstrap
> cannot. This will only be fixable *after* Lenny is released and a fix
> is already in-hand after getting appropriate agreement from the release
> team.

Cool.

> I'm now going to have to explain this bug to D-I - I don't get
> notification of the bug report itself so please let me know the bug
> number - or preferably re-assign the bug report to the
> buildd.emdebian.org pseudo-package. Thanks.

Done.

Sam