Re: failure installing emdebian grip powerpc on ibook

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:01:25 +1100
Brendan Simon <Brendan@BrendanSimon.com> wrote:

>  debootstrap: Can't check signature: public key not found
>
> Now lost on how to get the emdebian keys into the installer.  I don't
> have gpg (only gpgv).  There is no apt-key or apt-secure.  Only
> apt-install, apt-setup and apt-setup-verify

Check the postinst for the debian-archive-keyring-udeb package:

#!/bin/sh
set -e
DIR=/usr/share/keyrings
if [ ! -e $DIR/archive.gpg ]; then
	ln -s debian-archive-keyring.gpg $DIR/archive.gpg
fi

The relevant .gpg file is now part of emdebian-archive-keyring so what
I will create for 1.4.14 is emdebian-archive-keyring-udeb with such a
postinst. The solution will then involve ensuring that this udeb is
included in the d-i image which could mean mounting it via loop-back or
creating a whole new image.

in 1.4.13:
/usr/share/emdebian-tools/emdebian-archive-keyring.gpg

(Added for cdebootstrap support but useful for d-i as well.)

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/