Re: How do I fix a -dcv1 vs. -cross mess?

On 8/28/06, Phil Endecott <phil_gxwmd_endecott@chezphil.org> wrote:
> I will build myself a newer cross-compiler.

gcc-3.4 build-depends on libc6-dev-*-cross (>= 2.3.5-10)

My target machine has libc6-2.3.2.ds1-22.

I fear that if I upgrade libc on the target the whole system will fall apart.

I haven't had many replies to these questions.  Are any other readers using
debian cross-compilers to build for targets running stable, or am I the only one?
Well, regardless of how many people here do use debian cross-compiler,
this -dcvN feature has certainly been highlighted here before. A brief
search gives:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2006/05/msg00031.html

for a start.

--
I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.