Re: dpkg-checkbuilddeps

On 8/29/06, Jonas Meyer <shitse@web.de> wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 29.08.2006, 00:16 +0400 schrieb Alexander Shishkin:
That's why I wanted to check on the -dev files only. all the packages
you mentioned don't end in -dev, so it'd still prompt those dependencies
for the right arch, no?
Example 1: autotools-dev -- ends in -dev, provides no useful files.
Example 2: linux-kernel-headers -- provides essential files, doesn't
end in -dev.
What you actually wamt is to look at packages in libdevel section, but
then, there's no easy way to check this if the package is not
installed and even an apt cache (containing target packages) at hand
doesn't always help. This is rather tricky. Try looking at Raphael's
branch of dpkg-cross (1.22, iirc) which has quite an effort towards
automated cross-compilation (with apt-build).

--
I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.