Re: chroot setup howto

On Saturday 29 January 2005 6:13, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> >It would be an interesting topic anyway.

Vital, to newcomers.  I easily set up a Scratchbox environment, but am now
working on STAG in hopes it will offer some clues, but then have no idea how
to proceed in properly installing EmDebian.  There are a hundred things I
could try...

Just some hints, or a skeleton outline would suffice to set up the structure.
Maybe there are lots of different opinions how to do this, and this is why
it's not been documented?  If this is the case, please mail me off-list, and
I'll keep it confidential.

> Maybe the wiki should add a link to tldp's cross-compilation HOWTO?

I searched the LDP's site for "cross-compile" and "cross-compilation", and
zero.  Anything there wouldn't address EmDebian anyway;  I've cracked the
chroot environment, but need to properly set up the structure now.  An
'unattainable' dream would be how to set up a bootable image for flash, and
make it amenable to network updating.

Also, in the Wiki it says EmDebian tracks Potato, but in another place it
refers to SID.  So it's not clear which version we'd be installing.  Sarge
would be ideal.