Re: uwoody - usid (was: Re: embdebian usable now?)

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:24:21AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Mon Apr 26, 2004 at 06:09:49PM +0200, David Schmitt wrote:
> > Yes, uwoody rock big time. The only question is, how will it handle the
> > next uclibc version? From what I have gathered, uclibc will break binary
> > compatability with one of their next releases and as far as I can figure
> > that out[1] this means that the whole system has to be bootstrapped
> > again, doesn't it?
>
> You are correct.  The current uClibc CVS is not ABI compatible
> with uwoody.  Rebuilding the whole lot vs the new will be _much_
> easier than building the whole thing in the first place.

Additionally all other things built for it will need rebuilding too. I
for one am toying around with sid. I should probably automate the whole
thing so I only have to run-the-scripts the next time?

Regards, David
--
  * Customer: "My palmtop won't turn on."
  * Tech Support: "Did the battery run out, maybe?"